A special fastening with snap fasteners, zipper and velcro fastener securely attaches the tent to the tailgate. If you have a shower with water connection at the rear of the car, you can use the rear tent as a shower curtain. Protected from view you can shower very well here, especially in combination with the mosquito net, because the mosquito net protects the inside of the bulli from water splashes.
Open the rear flap of the VW T5, T6 or T6.1 and then the rear tent can be attached:
- Hook it with the snap hook on the hinge of the tailgate. Guide it externally past the gas pressure spring of the tailgate
- For VW Transporter: Screw two screws into the pre-punched holes in the tailgate
- For VW California: Fasten the screws to the tailgate (see mounting instructions PDF)
- Attach the tent to the screws
- Hook the metal ring into the tailgate lock
- And then repeat the whole process for the second half
The rear tent is delivered in a suitable packing bag, with which it can be stowed away on a packing size of 35 x 30 x 7 cm. Unlike the rear tent in the SpaceCamper extension, this rear tent cannot be stowed in the rear flap for retrofitting.
The tailgate tent can be hand washed at up to 40° C.
The mounting instructions for VW Transporter as a PDF file (German)
The mounting instructions for VW California as a PDF file (German)