As much as we love our Campers - sometimes it can get a little too cramped inside. With the SpaceCamper tailgate tent you can now easily provide more space. Simply attach the tent to the tailgate and the perfect shelter is in place. Magnetic or snap fasteners (depending on the model), hooks, zipper and velcro hold the tent securely to the back hatch. So the space behind the van can be ideally used as a rain and privacy shelter, night storage for the dog or as a shower cabin. For those who have a shower with water connection at the rear of the car can shower here quite comfortably and protected from view. Here the combination with the SpaceCamper mosquito net is also advantageous, because the mosquito net optimally protects the interior of the Bulli from water splashes.
The rear tent for the VW T6.1, T6 and T5 is available in two versions:
for the VW California (also suitable for Caravelle Comfort/Highline, Multivan)
for the VW Transporter (also suitable for Caravelle Trendline)
How to attach the rear tent:
- For VW Transporter: Replace screws from the tailgate trim with plastic clips using a metal ball pin
- For VW California: Install special magnetic holders on the tailgate (see instructions, point 5)
- To hang the tent, first hang hooks on the hinge of the tailgates
- Pass the outside of the gas spring of the tailgate
- Hang in by means of plastic clips or magnetic knobs
- Hang metal ring on the tailgate lock
- And then repeat the whole process for the second half
- Optionally, the rear tent can be fixed in the ground with the help of tabs on the bottom edge
The rear tent is delivered in a suitable packing bag, with which it can be stowed away on a packing size of 35 x 30 x 7 cm. Unlike the rear tent in the SpaceCamper extension, this rear tent cannot be stowed in the rear flap for retrofitting. The tailgate tent can be hand washed at up to 40° C.
The mounting instructions for VW Transporter as a PDF file (German) The mounting instructions for VW California as a PDF file (German)